Oblix Capital is a finance lending company which prides itself on providing flexible finance that is based on fast and efficient decisions with absolute transparency throughout. Moreover, we have a diverse funding base, including our own proprietary funds. This ensures that we provide flexible finance that is based on fast and efficient decisions with absolute transparency throughout.
This role offers the member of staff the opportunity to work for a progressive and forward-thinking short term mortgage lender specialising in development and bridging finance, originating loans via both the intermediary channel and direct to client in a market sector that is currently undergoing high levels of growth.
Duties and responsibilities
- Monitor and deal with day to day financial operations within the group such as movements in and out of the various bank accounts.
- Inform Group Financial Controller, Funding Accountant, Reporting Accountant of upcoming deadlines.
- Checking and processing of expenses, invoices by recording entries and verifying documents.
- Disburses petty cash by recording entries and verifying documentation.
- Check redemption statements and report on any discrepancies found.
- Maintain fixed assets register.
- Adhere to the Group’s financial policies and procedures.
- Update internal systems with financial data.
- Analyse and reconcile bank statements.
- Track cash flows to ensure optimal use of funds.
- Reconcile discrepancies or errors identified by communicating with colleagues and or other stakeholders.
- Continually seek to tighten internal controls by reviewing processes and suggesting improvements.
- Produce daily redemptions/completions and bank balances report.
Qualifications and requirements
- AAT or degree in Finance
- Experience in a business or finance environment, preferably in a financial services industry
- Interpersonal skills
- Honesty, integrity and reliability
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Organisational skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Research and analytical skills
- Computer skills
- Understanding of data privacy standards and financial services industry.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send a copy of your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org