Business Systems Manager
Due to the continued growth of our organisation and exciting new innovation we are now looking to recruit a Business Systems Manager/Business Systems Analyst to join our London team. The main purpose of the role is to develop, own and deliver a business-technology road-map for a range of new business systems which will ensure our rapidly evolving business achieves its key objectives. The role demands strong business and technical analysis skills, together with proven IT project delivery experience.
We envisage the successful candidate will come from a business analyst or project management background, whilst your passion for new technology may have taken you into more technical arenas. You will be capable of creating and promoting a clear technology vision at board level, establishing relationships at all levels in the company, and managing stakeholder expectations and demands. You will need to understand the company’s overall business strategy, business processes, key drivers and measures of success, current technologies and, more broadly, technology trends across the financial services industry.
As Business System Manager you will proactively identify sources of technology advancement to anticipate and satisfy changing internal and external customer needs. You will collaborate with suppliers to determine whether appropriate solutions exist or new solutions are feasible, and you will lead the design process to ensure consistency with best practices for service design, integration, security, scalability and stability. You will also be highly service-focused, ensuring that solutions are successfully embedded into the business, are correctly supported, and that they meet regulatory and compliance requirements.
The Business System Manager provides strategic support and guidance including determining the operational and financial impact of new technology solutions and services. You will also provide hands-on delivery and supplier management in the planning and execution of key initiatives.
Duties and responsibilities
- Works with the business to innovate and drive continuous improvement enabled by IT solutions. Finds opportunities to use technology to impact business service strategies and economic performance.
- Drives strategic partnerships and manages the development of technology road-maps to influence business transformation. Ensures initiatives align with business vision, strategy, and goals.
- Clearly communicates technical and business concepts, ideas and conclusions. Uses an understanding of business functions and available technology to assess and propose technical strategies for the business.
- Works with business stakeholder groups to define and validate system requirements. Assists with functional specifications and system design specifications that can be used by suppliers to build solutions.
- Plays a key role in the initiation of projects, applying business analysis and business case expertise to understand requirements, shape initial requests, and provide high-level estimates of effort and cost.
- Manages suppliers to deliver quality solutions, implement effective support regimes and maintain consistent service levels.
- Builds effective professional relationships and influences stakeholders, colleagues and suppliers to design and deliver solutions in line with stakeholder best interests and expectations.
Qualifications and requirements
- Ability to identify opportunities for business value and process improvement, communicate strategies, and champion adoption to achieve desired results.
- Ability to build and manage IT-to-business relationships.
- Strong project management skills including planning, organising, and prioritising.
- Ability to balance a wide variety of priorities and proven ability to drive delivery in the context of large technical or change programmes.
- Strong customer service orientation, leadership and people management skills.
- Broad and deep knowledge of IT industry, solution delivery, service management, contemporary technologies and current trends.
- Familiarity with System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) concepts.
- Financial Services or related experience essential, and knowledge of property lending and/or FCA regulated operations highly desirable.
- Positive, collaborative and solution-oriented attitude, together with excellent written and verbal communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send a copy of your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org