Underwriter Manager Role
Oblix Capital is currently looking for Underwriting Managers to join its ever growing team. This role offers the member of staff the opportunity to work for a progressive and forward-thinking Real Estate lender specialising in development and bridging finance, originating loans via both the intermediary channel and direct to client.
This person is responsible for the credit sanctioning of loans and assessing the application in line with our credit policy. This role is tasked with making recommendations for changes to the lending policy and processes in line with the company risk appetite and lending strategies.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assess and underwrite both Bridging and Development Loans in line with credit policy sanctioning within personal mandate.
- Works closely with Case Managers to act as point of referral, provide guidance and approval of loans
- Recommend loans to Senior Underwriting Manager / Credit Committee where they fall outside policy or mandate held
- Maintain up to date awareness of current financial and regulatory requirements and make recommendations of how changes can be implemented in new business
- Shows ambition and takes ownership of personal development and learning
- Ensure full compliance with policy and procedures and identify any potential fraud and report appropriately
- Maintain strong relationships with brokers, solicitors, valuers and other third parties. Always represent the company in the best possible light.
- Carry out any tasks or activities required by Management Team
Qualifications and requirements
- Minimum 2 years underwriting to include holding a lending mandate, preferably in Bridging Loans or Development Finance
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong team focus; gets results through team working
- ‘Can do’ approach with strong organisational and planning skills
- Focusses on the customer and quality delivery
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send a copy of your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org